One of the most interesting proposals to deal with the conundrum of HS2 was made over the summer by the Conservative Transport Group, who suggested amongst other things that the line should follow the route of the M40. This way it would use an existing transport corridor, and not harm the “tranquil Misbourne Valley” on its way through the Chilterns.
Posts Tagged: HS1
- Senior Planning Officer, Hastings Borough Council, Hastings, East Sussex
- Team Manager (Development Management) X2, Bristol City Council, City Hall, College Green, Bristol
- Principal Planning Officer (Enforcement), Senior Enforcement Officer, Senior Planning Officer, Winchester City Council, Winchester, Hampshire
- Planning Officer , Macdonald & Co, Suffolk
- Principal Development and Viability Officer , Essex County Council, Chelmsford, Essex
Search this blog
- Councils should publish enforcement plans, says watchdog
- Elizabeth House scheme approved by Lambeth for second time
- Developer sumbits plans for 7,000-home Cardiff urban extension
- 240-turbine North Sea offshore wind farm wins secretary of state approval
- Britain has 'masses of room for more people'
- Green belt should not be sacrosanct, says report
- Appeal Court rejects fresh HS2 challenge
- Lords defeat government again on judicial review reforms
- Judge hurts landlord in pocket for flouting planning rules
- Spending cuts 'should not squeeze out good planning'